Tuesday 6 April 2010

Injury Misery

Well it's another week on and the injury received from football 2 weeks ago is still hanging around preventing me from doing any training last week :(

Stupidly I played an 11-aside match the Sunday before last, believing the injury to the knee was almost healed. However, during the last 10mins of the game... after being very careful, I took a harsh tackle from a member of the opposing... very upset team that we beat 4-0 in the end.
I'm now left with a swollen shin and very agitated knee, I really should go and get a scan from the hospital... but the prospect of having to wait to at-least 3-4hrs to get seen is keeping me from doing so! Also, I've had injuries similar to this before and the old RICE (rest,ice.compression,elevation) method has always worked.

I'm going to leave it a few more days to see if the swelling goes down, if not it will be a trip to the hospital.

I can't bare another week not training, the worst case scenario right now is that it is more serious than first thought and I can't train for months.
Fingers crossed this is not the case.

Will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment