Wednesday 28 April 2010

Back on track

After 4 weeks out due to the knee injury I'm finally able to start training again.
After finally getting checked out I was told that I damaged my medial collateral ligament, the ligament on the inside of your knee to you an me, its responsible for knee stability so I didn't really want to risk permanent damage by coming back prematurely.

Training has started slow, its more rehabilitation for the knee at the moment. I have started with swimming, today was my first session since damaging the knee 4 weeks ago. It was tough and I was surprised at how much fitness I had actually lost from not doing any cardio for 4 weeks. I'm currently way off the 1 mile front crawl mark but I'm definitely improving on my technique.

I'm going to postpone running for another week as the damaged ligament still isn't fully healed.

Things are starting to look at bit more positive again, hopefully I can remain injury free for the next few months!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment