Monday 2 August 2010

Final Week of training, 5 days to go!! :/

In to my final week of training now.

I haven't been able to update this Blog as much as I thought I'd be able to :( mainly because the amount of training I've been doing.

Since my last post way back in April I've been busy trying to follow a strict training program designed by my triathlon coach.

This basically consisted of training sessions 6 days a week with only having Friday as a rest day. So as you can imagine, following this whilst working and juggling other life activities hasn't left me with much free time at all to do things such as update a Blog.

The training program has pushed me over the past 8 weeks or so, I can't deny its been difficult training by myself in the last few weeks when fatigue is at its highest. Coming back from a day meeting in Wales which was a very early start and late finish (Back to Worthing) last Monday and then dragging myself out for a 12km run was probably one of the tougher training sessions.

The knee injury still hasn't completely gone, so that's been playing on my mind but hasn't prevented me from training it just hurts from time to time. Will just take pain killers on race day if its still there.

Injury aside, I feel ready for the triathlon I'm doing my final 1500m swim this evening and then its just rest and recovery for last 5 days.

I'd just like to say a big thank you to all those who have sponsored me so far, I appreciate it. Anyone who would like to sponsor me can here: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/RyanMoynan Its going to MacMillan's cancer carers which is a worthy cause.

My next post will now be after the race... see you on the other side :)

Thanks,

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment