Friday 26 March 2010

Training preperation

I've decided to set-up a Blog to log my progress training for the London 2010 triathlon.

Through the following months I will be updating this Blog on a daily / weekly basis logging my training progression.

With 5 months to go before the triathlon my current fitness levels are reasonably good. I owe this to my regular football matches and training.
Although, recently I received a nasty knee injury from a 6-aside football match, only a flesh wound, but it has hindered my training this week.
This is a concern as I can't afford to receive any serious injuries, I will have to be careful over the next couple of months until the football season ends

Things that I need to work on primarily are swimming and cycling. These tend to be the most common weak points for most amateur tri-athletes.

I'm currently receiving swim coaching from a trained triathlon coach. I never received swim coaching for my previous two triathlons so this is a first. With only having one lesson so far I've already improved drastically and wish I'd taken the initiative to have coaching before.

I have another swim lesson next Wednesday, I'll make my next post then updating you on what I've done.

No comments:

Post a Comment